Thursday, March 18, 2010

Kale Chips


I consider myself somewhat of a chip connoisseur (read: chip addict), so when I came across this recipe for Kale Chips that promised to be a salty alternative to real chips, you better believe I was skeptical. I would have normally just passed by this recipe, but I had a large bunch of kale slowly deteriorating in my fridge, so I thought I would give it a whirl. And I was pleasantly surprised!

Now in my books, these can't be categorized as "chips", but they are a healthy light salty snack that might help curb your salty cravings. Even my picky husband ate some!

Ingredients:
1 bunch kale
1 tbsp olive olive
1 tsp sea salt
Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top (optional)

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Tear kale into bite size pieces, removing from thick stem (wash and thoroughly dry)
3. Place on baking sheet in single layer and drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt and Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges are brown and crispy (but not burnt) and enjoy!

{photo and adapted recipe from the Zoe Blog}

No comments:

Post a Comment