Monday, November 2, 2009



I found this yummy soup recipe over on a lovely blog called Everyone Likes Sandwiches. It was very easy to make, and I have enough to last me a week of lunches! Since I am avoiding gluten, I made my soup with quinoa and chickpeas.

Ingredients:
3-4 c  water + stock cube, or your favorite flavourful stock
1 c   couscous, quinoa, millet, orzo or a drained can of chickpeas instead or a mix of everything
2     shallots, chopped
3     cloves garlic, minced
4     kale leaves, chopped
2     roasted peppers, diced
1/4 c frozen corn
a few dashes of hot sauce
salt & pepper to taste

Method:
In a medium sized pot, bring water (+ cube) or stock to a boil. Add in grains/pasta/beans along with garlic, shallots and kale. Lower heat and cover for 15 minutes. Add in peppers, corn and hot sauce along with some salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment